[vdr] Re: How to dispose of old VHS tapes.

"Koch, Steffen" wrote:

> another idea....
> is there a simple way to copy these poor-quality-vhs-tapes into
> vdr-compatible recordings say with 400-800 Kbits datarate??

I am not aware of a simple way.
Under no circumstances will there be a way to digitize them
in less than real time with normal equipment.
I have over 2000 hours of movies and shows on my tapes, so it
will take at least that amount of time (one man year!) to
digitize them.
Also, if you want to achieve a low data rate and a good quality,
you neeed good filters that remove noise and jitter, but keep
the net signal intact.
At least for my case, I'll forget about that and try to find
a legal way of simply selling the tapes to someboady who still
wants to use analog VCRs.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index