[vdr] Re: ERROR (dvbapi.c,550): DVB driver buffer overflow

Am 07.11.2001 18:22:25, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>:

>> Nov  5 13:30:06 vdr last message repeated 5 times
>> Nov  5 13:30:06 vdr vdr[999]: buffer usage: 100%
>
>VDR's buffer (which is 1MB in size) has run full of video data.
>
>> Nov  5 13:30:08 vdr vdr[999]: ERROR (dvbapi.c,550): DVB driver buffer overflow
>> Nov  5 13:30:12 vdr last message repeated 3 times
>> Nov  5 13:30:14 vdr vdr[998]: ERROR: skipped 120 byte to sync on TS packet

>Looks as if VDR is unable to write anything to disk - but then again I would
>expect some other error messages regarding disk access errors.
>This is really strange, I can't see why this is happeneing...

Just for your info.. I had the same problem a couple of times after switching to vdr 0.98,
driver 20011020 with your I-frame-patch. I've now switched back to the heavily patched
(mp3, lcd, elchi, watchdog) 0.97 I used before. I'll just add the mem-leak-fix and see if it
happens again. Disk-access can't be a problem... all drives have DMA activated and
when I copy vdr-files from one drive to another, I get something around 10MBytes/s
transfer-rate.

>Which channel are you trying to record?
>Does this happen with _any_ channel or only on specific ones?

Since I have not recorded on any channel I can't confirm that :-) But at least it happened
on multiple channels, FTA and PayTV.

But now to another thing.. maybe you remember my problems with 'late' timers and
hangups in the mainloop that triggered the watchdog... (which is perfectly working when
actually doing nothing).

This week, I upgraded my vdr with a new mainboard/processor/power-supply (everything
else stayed the same).. the first start after assembly looked good, but as soon as I started
a recording, the new config completely froze (on-board POST-diagnostic showed 93h).
After some tests I realized that the problem must be the interrupt-sharing, which changed
compared to the old mainboard. So I changed some slots and rearranged things, so that
now both dvb-s share one interrupt as it was before. After that, all worked fine, and I had
no more watchdog-hits since then.
So I assume that those problems were somehow hardware (mainboard/processor)
related, but since everything else always worked, they only affected the vdr/dvb-stuff.

Greetings,   Marcus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index