[vdr] DVD - quality ?

Hi all,

after reading gazillions of news msgs, i have almost decided for a vdr
box. Your postings in this list just look too promising.

Blocking issues still:

1) A nice hifi-like case
(my wife needs to believe its a new Video Recorder :-). Colors need to
be either black or silver. I have looked at several previous postings,
but either the cases are ugly (design: shining plastic) or sold out (c't
case). Any europe hints appreciated...

2) DVD quality:
Audio magazines warn that buying a DVD-player without RGB-Out is a
no-no, as the composite out looks like crap on 28" (82cm) TV onward. Is
there someone willing to post a comparison between DVD-player w/RGB and
VDR with
Composite or home-built J9-Connector ?

Non-blocking issue:

What to do with DivX. It is more and more becoming a standard, but it
seems that VDR is out (assuming less than 1Ghz CPU). Given the many
useful things a VDR can do, i regard this as non-blocking.

Keep up the good work,

 - Thomas

--
Thomas Mohr - Th.Mohr@gmx.net