Von: Axel Gruber [mailto:axelgruber3@gmx.de]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 18. November 2001 14:05
An: vdr@linuxtv.org
Betreff: [vdr] Re: OT: DVD-Recording under linux

hi again !

so - i have bought now my DVD- Recorder - work perfekt under WINDOWS -
now=3D
 i want to use
it under Linux - problem:
I have no free IDE connector in my Main-VDR

so i=3DB4m searching for a solution for this problem !

I have heared from Firewire-IDE Adapters - but i don=3DB4t have a =
Firewire
p=3D
ort in my VDR.
But i have SCSI Adapter in my VDR (for DVDROM)

I have heared form SCSI-IDE Adapters  - does anyone know if this
adapters =3D
work well with such a DVD-R Device`?

Someone have told me that this kind of SCSI-Adapters dont work well with
D=3D
VD-R Devices...

Can anyone report if there are other working Adapters ?

Second question:

Software for Linux ?

Is there Free software availlible for DVD-Recording under linux ?
is this the same way like burning a usual CD-R ?

 - make isofile
 - burn DVD ?
what=3DB4s about buffer-underruns ?

third question:

how can i load/eject a IDE DVD-ROM under linux via command-line ?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index