[vdr] AW: Problem with DVD-AC3-Playback and VDR0.98

> With VDR0.98 and DVD-Playback come Error-Message:
> ** CRC failed - skipping frame ** ... unbroken up to break of
> DVD-Playback!
> The VDR0.98 and VDR-Recording-Files with AC3 is ok
> and AC3-Playback works..

Andreas wrote, it is ac3dec's fault because it expects the ac3 frames to be
complete, but in the case of DVD it seems syncing makes them arrive only
partially and thus they have to be reassembled by the ac3 -> spdif tool.

ac3dec and ac3play show the same behaviour there, and I couldn't get
ac3iec958 to work either.

Unfortunately I have not found anything so far to solve this problem.
I'm afraid that there is just no suitable tool available at all yet.

So, for now you have to decide whether you want AC3 or DVD support in your
VDR, you can't have both :-(

Home | Main Index | Thread Index