[vdr] Re: A modular VDR.

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 02:30:46PM +0100, Carsten Koch wrote:

> On the other hand, a PC does not work without a graphics
> card and I cannot put anything else into the AGP slot
> anyway.

A PC can work without a graphics card!

> modules? The display module could take advantage of TV-out
> for graphics cards that have it or display on VGA.

Did you ever get TV-out of sVGA under linux working properly? I have tried
several cards - no success: black stripes (no overscan possible), with a
resolution of 640x480 or 800x600 60Hz or 75Hz the picture quality is very
bad because it have to be scaled to PAL (e.g. 720x576, 50Hz interlaced).
This scaling is bad for the quality.
Maybe one solution is to set the graphics card to 50Hz and 720x576
and use the RGB input of your TV. I remember somebody did this,
but this may not work with all graphic cards.

        Matthias

Home | Main Index | Thread Index