[vdr] poor man's sweet box

Hey ppl,

I set up a very cool box. The base is a Schneider Surfstation. It has only
one pci and two isa slot, one of them is shared with the pci. so you can only
have one dvb card. but it has sound (sb compatible) and graphic card (with
tv-out) build in, which doesn't need a special driver. the cpu is only a
233mhz cyrix media cpu. I'll try to setup X (the hard thing is that I don't
have a big hdd) and then it's possible to watch divx movies over this tv-out.
that will save much cpu power.
the case is more flat than a vcr case and black. it comes with an infrared
keyboard. the loudest thing in the box is my old 510mb hdd. it's also
possible to put a dvd or cdrom drive in. I control it over a homebrew serial
ir receiver and lirc.

Tobias

Home | Main Index | Thread Index