[vdr] Systemtime by satellit (was: Re: Re: Problem with timer-recording

Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  25.11.01 21:06

Once upon a time Klaus Schmidinger shaped the electrons to say...

>Ok, maybe the timer mechanisms in VDR should react more flexible to
>time warps, but I do believe that it is a fair assumption to expect a
>linear time base. You should disable setting the system time to the
>transponder time - the time from the transponders is just no good...

How much effort(?sp) would it be to limit it to one channel
which is allowed to be used to set system time?

That sounds easier and more "strait forward" than
a fuzzy recorder reaction on time warps...

Where can that be defined?

Maybe it can be compiled into, or only the first three(?)
channels are allowed to set the system time?

I'm not sure if it's still true, but "terrestically" ZDF have (had?) to
transmit the correct time, they ajusts (-ed?) the 15,625kHz
line frequency with the PTB-Cs-timebase too. (That's not "well known"
but there are/were high precission time bases which synchs on the
ZDF-TV-Signal.)
On Satellite that might be defined other, but i think that the ZDF will
use the same (exact) clocks as terristic with a little 200ms offset..?)

And:
it's known that "commercial" stations don't want to support
VCRs and never transmits the right time (not speaking of
VPS and VCR stop signals during commercial breaks...)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index