[vdr] Bug in ALSA lib > 0.9.0beta9.

Johannes Schoeller reported to me today that he cannot get
ac3dec to work.

I investigated the problem and found out that ac3dec aborts
immediately with the error message

      ALSA lib pcm.c:1513:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Invalid type for
      PCM iec958:AES0=0x2,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x0,AES3=0x2 definition
      snd_pcm_open: Invalid argument
      Output open failed

if the ALSA lib installed is 0.9.0beta10, 0.9.0beta10a, or the
current CVS version.

With ALSA lib 0.9.0beta9 and 0.9.0beta6 ac3dec works.
I have not tested beta 7, 8, or < 6.

Note that I only exchanged the ALSA lib shared object during my tests.
I always used the same ac3dec binary, so I am reasonably
sure that the problem is in the lib, not in ac3dec itself.

If somebody on this list is also on an ALSA list or has
other means of reporting this problem, please do so.

If you want to use ac3dec with VDR, I recommend ALSA lib 0.9.0beta9
until this problem is fixed in an ALSA lib > 0.9.0beta10a.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index