[vdr] Re: genindex with MPEG1 files ?

Hi Axel,

Axel Gruber wrote:

> Hi all
>
> after successfull transcoding of DIVX-Movies to MPEG1 VDR can playback this
> Movies. also A/VSYNC is ok.
>
> Now i want to create a Index-file by using the on the list postet programm
> called "genindex"
>
> The Programm seem to work but if i want to playback such a file i get no Video
> if i delete the generated index file i can playback it again...
>
> Is there another genindex-version avaylible ?

I have asked the same question recently.
I believe the net result was:

*  The DVB driver understands a variety of MPEG data formats,
   including MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 at various resolutions, but
   VDR concentrates on playing back only what it records.

*  The genindex program works for some MPEG files, but
   not for others.

So obviously the best solution would be to extend VDR, so

*  VDR becomes able to play back all MPEG data that the
   driver can play back.

*  VDR creates an index file automatically if it does not
   find one.

I believe somebody else suggested more or less the above
before and there is consensus that this would be the best
solution.
I wonder who would be capable of implementing such a solution?
Klaus? Stefan?

Cheers,

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index