[vdr] vdr] AW: DVB-T and VDR

CR,

Thanks for the tip. I always recompile my kernels to use DMA by
default if available, and my vdr box is no exception. However, for
some reason this deosn't seem to be working. I think my KT7A-RAID has
a VIA southbridge which isn't being automatically set up correctly.

Happily though, hdparm does the trick and vdr is now recording
perfectly. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, since I'd
assumed my drive was using DMA because of my kernel settings it would
have taken me a long time toarfrive at the right conclusion.

All the best.

Stuart

Rienecker, Fa. Evenio, ITS P, M writes:
> This also happens if the HD is not operated with dma access.
> Unfortuanately this is the default setting with most of LinuX distrib=
utions.
>=20
> CR.
>=20