[vdr] Re: Wired Remotecontroll

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:03:43 +0100, Axel Gruber <axelgruber3@gmx.de>
wrote:

> I think about to build a Wired Remotecontrll (yes right - not IR or Wireless)
>
> Does anyone have a idea how to do this (Hardware, Interface, Software)
>
> I think a small Programm wich read the input of the remote and put
> it to the SVDPR Interface
> of the VDR is possible....

Can you tell us why you want to do this?

> Is it possible to use 2 LIRC devices on 1 Machine

Why?
LIRC can receive any number of different IR codes from different remotes
without problem. I use this to control VDR from different remote brands
(Pronto and OFA).
And multiple client programs can connect to LIRC concurrently.
On the other side you will have a problem to start two concurrent lircd
because the lirc port will already be used. You may have to use a
different server port for the second lircd.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index