[vdr] Re: Other remote controls on DVB-S IR interface ?

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 23:14:56 +0100, Gregoire Favre wrote:

>On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 09:49:52PM +0100, Ronald Haut wrote:
>> After I succeeded in getting my DVB-S and Hauppauge remote control working with LIRC I was wondering if anybody
>> succeeded in using other remote controls in conjunction with DVB-S IR interface. Because Hauppauge's is very limited with
>> buttons I thought I could use an old Grundig remote control. I even found a config-file but it is not working with LIRC.
>
>I don't know the standard for DVB-s, but for the bttv from Hauppauge,
>they are rc5 compatible remote (just have a look at the FAQ on LIRC).

Thank's for your quick feedback. I guess I have to try some RC5 remotes. Hope I can find one...

>I have also a Hauppauge DVB-s, but I think the remote connector on the
>CI isn't usable right now with the remote from my Hauppauge WinTV, and
>there is a size difference betweem the remote and the connector on the
>CI.
>
>I use a SupportPlus 7 for the remote which has lots of buttons ;-)
>
>	Gr goire
>http://ulima.unil.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:greg@ulima.unil.ch

The thing is I have Hauppauge's DVB-S Rev. 2.1. There is a small external IR receiver and my remote worked with LIRC fine. Then, I've got that CI interface a few weeks ago with another
built-in IR receiver. I was pretty curious which one would listen to my remote. Apparently the one from CI interface disables the other from DVB-S card which is fine for me, Fortunately, either
way LIRC is working for me. :)

Ronald

Home | Main Index | Thread Index