[vdr] Re: VDR eating CPU time

Hello Tilo,

> First of all, thanx for your quick answer, but I am not one of
> those incredible coders out there. I am only one of the lucky
> guys, that know about VDR, and uses it with pleasure.
>
> Could you please tell me a little more detailed what I have to to
> exactly ??

go to your VDR-Source directory (e.g. /usr/src/VDR)
do "grep TransferBuffer *.c" (if that would not have helped, you could have
tried the search in *.h also)
there you get only the file dvbapi.c
Open this file in vi (or the editor of your choice) and search for
"cTransferBuffer::Output"

Around the line 2240 (depending on which patches you have applied) you will
find a function-declaration of this name.
about 8 lines lower you find something like:

if (Available() < MAXFRAMESIZE) {
              usleep(100000); // allow the buffer to collect some reserve
              continue;
              }
and I guess that value 100000 is the one, that Klaus meant. Change it, and
do your "make" again (with all the parameters you used originally).

Hope this helps,

ciao,

    Achim (who does not have a clue of programming in C or C++ either, but
usually knows where to look :)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index