[vdr] Re: j2 connector (s-video output)

Am Sonntag, 27. Januar 2002 23:48 schrieben Sie:

> I thought vidmode=2 is for s-video (some call it s-vhs).

well, it is for composite AND s-video

> on lindy.cc you can read:
>
> vidmode=0,1,2,3
> 0=NO_OUT
> 1=CVBS_RGB_OUT Composite on Composite-Out, RGB on RGB-out (default)
> 2=CVBS_YC_OUT Composite on Composite-Out, C on RED-out, Y on GREEN-out
> 3=YC_OUT Y on Composite-out, C on RED-out
>
> and here
> http://www.lindy.cc/local/LinuxDVB.nsf/e95ed8396fac68cfc1256a010064762b/f50
>a46f693a7e5b6c1256a0300654f91?OpenDocument you can read that the s-video
> connector uses mode 2.
> or am I completely wrong?

Yes, the s-video (hosiden) connector uses mode 2, the SCART connector uses
mode 1 or mode 3 (without pin2 connected and without resistor of course)
I never tried mode 2 yet, but mode 3 is working well here. If you do not need
composite output, simply try changing the Y-line from pin 5 to pin 1 and use
mode 3.

How did you conect the cable to the Card? What cable did you use?

mfG.

Andreas

--
Andreas Gebel    andreas@xcapenet.de    Tel: +49 345 6782511
Diese Nachricht wurde ohne Zuhilfenahme von Microsoft- Produkten erstellt.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index