[vdr] Re: Bug in EIT parser.. this is the fix!!

Hi,

> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > the problem why vdr crashed was caused due to a bad variable definition
> > in
> > libdtv/libsi/si_parser.c:
> >
> > struct LIST *siParseEIT (u_char *Buffer)
> > {
> >    u_int                SectionLength, LoopLength;
> >    while (SectionLength > 0)
> >    {
> > ..
> > }
> >
> > The condition can never be false, because the variable is defined as
> > unsigned integer.
> >
> > Please replace the definition line by
> >
> >    int                SectionLength, LoopLength;
> >
> > and vdr should work.
> >

> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Deti

Upps, I didn't receive this message?...

The usage of unsigned int should only be a problem if the received data
isn't well alligned for
parsing (but this seems to happen right now).

I recognized some other functions in this code-file as well which may cause
the same trouble ...
but there remains the question, whose fault this is (I assume PRO7 & Co.)

best regards,
reiner

Home | Main Index | Thread Index