[vdr] Re: XSVCDs (was Re: does someone know)

Dave Chapman wrote:
> (I believe) tosvcd re-encodes the MPEG2 video to "SVCD" specifications.

Yes it does.
I tried it and I was not satisfied with the results.
IMHO, the encoder creates rather poor quality.
I am using the SGI MPEG encoder "dmconvert" under
IRIX often to create MPEG1 VCDs from analog material
and they have a much, much better quality and a
lower data rate.

> I am using the mplex program from the DVB driver (-t XSVCD) to convert the
> VDR files to XSVCD format, the GNU vcdimager to create the CD image, and
> cdrdao to burn the CDs - a completely GPL'd solution.
>
> I am still experimenting, and am getting occasional A/V sync problems, so I
> would be interested to know if anyone else is trying this.

I have not yet tried this approach, but it sounds more
promising than tosvcd.
Can you post an exact list of the commands you used
with all their parameters?

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index