[vdr] Re: vdr playback filesize

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Christian Berger (CB) wrote:

CB> Clemens Kirchgatterer schrieb:
CB> >
CB> > will i have problems replaying a file greater than 2GB with vdr?
CB>
CB> I don't know, it depends on your version of Linux I think. 2.4 kernels
CB> should be OK, I think

I think, if you don't have an index file, it only depends on your linux
environment (kernel, file system). But without an index file you won't be
able to FWD, REV etc.

CB> > if so, how can i split it up?
CB>
CB> It does that automatically, I personally recommend you to set it up for
CB> files of about 650Mb which fit on a CD-Rom.

independant of the setting, the max file size is 2GB (IIRC), so the
biggest file size produced by vdr is 2GB.

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de
                -- Mark Twain