[vdr] Re: stream broken with nexus

Am Dienstag, 11. Juni 2002 10:10 schrieben Sie:

> my card is the nexus-s from hauppauge
>
> by the way, i couldnīt build up the connection between the dvb-s driver an
> the lircd, is the a kind of documentation out there?

i have got a nexus-s too, setting up lirc is a little bit tricky.....
first of all you must compile vdr with remote=lirc, then you must compile the
dvb-lirc module, ist is found dvb/drivers/lirc (i dont know if this is right
because my vdr system is at home not here in the company) assuming you have
installed lirc-0.6.5 / lirc-0.6.4 in the right place (see the makefile in
dvb/drivers/lirc) and enabled the kernel lirc support...

next you have to edit the makefile in the section dvb/drivers see at target
insmod: there you must add all necessary modules for setting up lirc via
insmod after dvb drivers are loaded and after that you should add a
init.d/lirc restart (i have to do this on my debian system, dont ask me why)

after this the lirc-dvb system should be set up in the right way (pressing a
button on your ir control should made an entry in your syslog)

after this you have to create a lircd.conf file suitable for vdr and your
ir-control on my debian system it is located in /etc/lirc (maybe you must use
irrecord--see man page or do it in the simple way.... download a suitable
lird.conf file and change the commands (eg UP, DOWN) to the corresponding ir-
codes (eg. 0x.....10)

after you have done all steps restart your system and enjoy the conviencenes
of an ir-control ;) never more stand up from your sofa *g*

ralf

Home | Main Index | Thread Index