[vdr] Re: signal strength indicator

Alessio Sangalli <alesan@manoweb.com> schrieb:
> ok! did you send the patch to the driver maintainer? I don't have a 2.1
> card, I won't be able to test it.

Not yet.

> Is it reporting a 8bit or 16bit scale?

The signal strength call returns only 3 hard-coded values: 0x00, 0x03, 0x1f.
I don't know why, I only copied it from MultiDec.
The SNR seems to be 16bit, but I scale it to "something that looks good on
the OSD" with the patch you provided a few weeks ago.
The absolute values are certainly wrong, but the SNR changes look ok while
switching the channels, which is good enough for me.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index