[vdr] Re: Subtitle recording

> I expected someone to say that Finland DVB-T was the same as UK DVB-T.

Most likely - at least some sample set-top-boxes from UK worked also with
finnish subtitles.

> > I'm only interested in DVB subtitles since teletext subtitling is not
> > used in Finland. Does not mean that I could not help though.
>
> I am probably not going to do any work on teletext subtitles.  Other
people
> are working on this.

And I can confirm that it already works with finnish subtitling. Teletext
subtitling is used in Finland, but only on satellite transmissions from
Viasat and Canal Digital Nordic.

> > I've been looking at the DVB subtitling and SI specs, but haven't really
> > yet figured out how to implement it.
>
> I think the most important thing to implement first is recording of the
> subtitles.  I've studied the subtitling specification, and although it
looks
> complicated, I am confident of being able to implement it.  I also think
that
> the DVB card's OSD should be capable of displaying the subtitles -
obviously
> subtitles will have to be disabled when the OSD is active (that's how my
> "real" DVB-T receiver works).

That's how Patrick has done teletext subtitling and I do think most of his
live subtitling code is re-usable. And the biggest thing is to implement
dvb-subtitle-bitmap parser to convert the format to the one vdr uses.

pekkis

Home | Main Index | Thread Index