[vdr] Re: Can't use horizontal channels...

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:58:31 +0200, Alessio Sangalli wrote:

>For now let's assume I *don't* have a dual-feed system.
>antenna -> two-way LNB -> two cables until the flat -> 4-way switch -> a
>cable to each one of my digital devices.
>Is this setup correct? I hope two cables are enough, I'm not interested
>in analog etc etc stuff.
If you can live without the analog channels und the low-band then this
would be enough, but if you want to view the analog ones (e.g. MTV2
only comes on analog unscrambled) you have to put down 4 wires. With a
8x switch you could then feed 8 independant receivers. I don't know
what happens if you tune to a low-band channel and the switch can't
find a lnb connected to it....

Home | Main Index | Thread Index