[vdr] Direct Output to soundcard

Hi,

reading all the postings regarding direct output to sound card i just want to ask the developer of vdr and the mp3 patch to include this functionality.

In my current setup i have to record an replay all sound from the dvb card through my line in and digital out. I am currently using eca sound in a realtime (low latency small buffer) setup. But with this setup quirck can happen and sometime the latency can be recognised.

DVB audio -> line in SoundCard -> ecasound -> Digital Out SoundCard -> (long distance) DA Converter -> Amplifier

I heard about digital out -> digital in connection from the dvb card. I am using a Hauppage DVB-C card, but i dont now wich connector to use an if it is save to connect this output to my Soundblaster? But the problem stays the same.

As far as i understood the technics behind vdr it should be possible to get the digital data from the dvb card and just output them to the soundcard. The would remove several interims processes.

BTW: Every Night vdr starts printing out kernel panics und no picture is visible on the TV. I tried -w but vdr is not exiting. I allways need to reload the driver after this situation, any help?

--
So long
	.\\urray

Home | Main Index | Thread Index