[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer extention 0.4.4 available

> > I do know now ;-)
> > but i dont think it will be a major change.
> > i am thinking about an easy solution.
> > maybe i will introduce a replayMP3Buffer in addition to the replayBuffer
in
> > cDVBApi.
> > or i will check at StopReplay() if replayBuffer is the mp3 buffer and if
> > StopReplay was called from StartRecord, mp3 playing will not be stopped.
>
> I think this will not work. Every cPlaybuffer is tied to a cDvbApi
> and all call from the controlling cReplayControl are routed
> through cDvbApi. You would have to tied two different
> cPlaybuffers to the same cDvbApi. This won't work. The same is
> true for the menu handling, only one cReplayControl is allow a
> time.
Yes of course these are limitation. hopefully the next plugin version of vdr
wil remove all of this.
i could imagine a lot of other task i want to do with my vdr machine. there
could be a cd ripper plugin for example, which i can control with my rc and
see the result on the osd in a more comfortable way, than the current
commands.conf solution allows.

i will try the latter way i described. so starting a record will not stop
the mp3 playing. every other action like start a replay of dvd, vdr,vcd etc.
will stop the mp3 replay. i personally need only the possibilty of listenig
to mp3 while recording.
i dont replay a movie an listen to mp3 at the same time ;-)

> >> There is a random song mode. Go to the browse menu and select
> >> "Play all".
> > uh i didnt know that. maybe i am too stupid or the naming is not that
good.
> > whatever, i rellay would like the album random mode. do you like to
> > implement this? would be much easier for you than me, because you better
> > know your code.  should be settable in the configuration how the random
mode
> > is executed.
>
> The main problem would be to find out which files belong to an
> album. OK, most people keep all files from an album in a
> directory, but can we relay on this?

Yes ;-) thats the way i do it. all other can simply not use this mode.
and maybe dont even have a need for it.

>And even if we assume this,
> there is the problem that we cannot determine the tree structure
> (which dir is an album and which is something else?).
what about an exclusion list? i have several dirs which do not contain
ablbums but differnt songs which have nothing more in commen as being music
;-)
a config file containing the names of dir which should be excluded from
album play

> The best solution seems to have kind of a album playlist (which
> list all directories which contains an album). May be this would
> mean that we need a third browsing mode, too (playlists, albums,
> files).
Hmm better the other way round, a "no album" dir list. because most of the
dirs would be albums
thats much easier to configure, i think. i think we need not even a gui  for
this. just a file containing the names,
in the mp3 root dir.

Gunnar

> --