[vdr] Re: Feature Request: VdrAdmin

Am Don, 2002-06-20 um 22.19 schrieb Jens Groth:
> Hello,
>
> some days ago I installed vdradmin the first time. For the future
> I am going to setup a small webserver to reach vdradmin from the
> internet. What I am missing at the moment is some kind of powerdown
> button inside vdradmin. So things should look like this:
> - Wake up vdr machine using Wake On Lan.
This has nothing to do with vdradmin, but with your BIOS and NIC.

> - Read status with vdradmin, set up new recordings ...
What do you mean with status? If vdr is offline, vdradmin would not
work. And timers can be set up..

> - Power down vdr machine.
I don't think that this is a good idea with these weak security
functions of vdradmin.
Anyway you can set up a webserver and put a cgi script on there, that
does this job.

ciao
Dariush
--