[vdr] Re: DVIX for VDR with slow CPU's

Am Die, 2002-06-25 um 11.22 schrieb Bernd Hoose:
> Hello, for the people with slow and cool CPU's.
> My Question:
> MPlayer convert the divx files on the fly to mpeg for VDR, right?
> is it possible to write this to an temp file, so we start the converting
> in the background and after a little time we start replay from vdr.
> mayby with an timeline in vdr replay, showing playtime, converting
> status and whole playtime.
> after replay an question "delete converted video" or so, to have the
> chance to play it again.
>
> this would help to stay away from noisy vdrs in the livingroom.

The best solution would be to reencode offline. Just record as usual and
run a script encoding to DivX with mencoder after recording and then
deleting the VDR-files (If I remind right there are commands what to do
before and after recording in VDR, so you could start your script after
a recording (and you can use 3-pass-encoding).

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index