[vdr] Re: switch on vdr-box with IR-Remote ?

Am Don, 2002-06-27 um 18.12 schrieb Guido Josten:
> Hello !!
>
> Ist ist possible to switch on the vdr-box with the IR-Remote ??
> I am using lirc with a IR-Remote at the com1 port.
> I test the options in the bios of the motherboard, when there is
> a signal  on com , then the Computer starts automatic.
> The same way as the mouse on com-port can do.
> But when i switching the keys on the IR-Remote, the Computer
> don't stwitching on automatik.

The solution with an remote receiver on com-port will not work as it
doesn't get current when the computer is off. You can only achieve this
by an IR-receiver which activates the ring-line at com-port having an
extra power supply (or maybe with some workaround at the 5V-VSB-line), .

> Perhaps it is possible to get a signal from the SCART of my TV
> when i switching on the TV with my IR-Remote and start automatic. my
> vdr-Computer (similar as a Video-Recorder does, when
> switching on the tv with the switching-Voltage (Schaltspannung).

On SCART there's only a input for a signal to power on the TV from
standby, but no output. You would have to solder inside your TV (no good
idea).

But you could use a master/slave-solution for the power-supply of your
TV-set where TV is master and a additonal power-supply at slave
switching on your computer.

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index