[vdr] Re: Record a Radio-Channel ?

Axel Gruber wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I only want to record a 2 Hour Radio-Stream 1 Time in the Week (charts)
> but i donīt have access to the devices during VDR works.
>
> Is it possible to record this with VDR ?
> Do i need any Patch ?

I believe that Klaus has recently changed VDR so it can record
radio channels if the VPID is 0.

> Is it possible to convert this stream to MP3 ?

Yes.
Use  es_demux  from the driver package to extract the mpegt audio.
I guess it will usually be MPEG 1 Level 2 audio, but you can re-
encode it to Level 3 if that is worth the time.
One way to do that is to use mpg123 to convert the  MPEG 1 Level 2
to wav and to use any MP3 encoder to encode the wav to MPEG 1 Level 3.

> Many questions - perhaps someone have a answer.

Hope that helped.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index