[vdr] Re: Nova-t and dxr3

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Gernot A. Weber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> which command do you use  to play files over your DXR-3. If I start
> mplayer like:mplayer -ao oss:/dev/em8300_ma-0 -vo dxr3 $filename it
> consumes all CPU time. If I start it wit -ao null all is working fine (CPU
> time < 10%) but no sound sound, of course...

I use 'mplayer -ai oss:/dev/em8300_ma-0 -vo dxr3 -vc mpegpes $file'

You have to use the mpegpes videocodec. That means that it will send the
video straight to dxr3. Your command decodes and encodes the video and
after that send it to dxr3. So there is _minor_ optimization... :)

> It's a PIII-450 with Debian Sid and a recent mplayer CVS.

I'm using P-166 and mplayer is newest source package, not cvs..
And video runs fine, also dvd's.. except the subtitles..

  Marko

Home | Main Index | Thread Index