[vdr] Re: record more than one channel

Am Die, 2002-08-06 um 23.54 schrieb bobdylan23@web.de:
> Greetings,
>
> I heard that the some current dvb cards are capeable of recording more
> than one channel at the same time. As I understood it, there is just one
> big data stream and the card sorts out the area which is needed for the
> recording - and they can do it simultaneously at more than one channel
> (or realize timeshift).
>
> Is this correct? Are the common dvb-s and budget cards of recordings more
> than one stream? Does this depends on the linux driver or the firmware?
> Or maybe coming cards? Will this feature ever be a part of VDR?

With low-budgets you can do that as they provide the complete TS. VDR
supports that feature in the 1.1.x development branch. The firmware of
DVB-S cards allows up to eight streams and Klaus Schmidinger was able to
record the eight streams on a AMD K6-450. But as it only worked on some
Transponders with no knowledge why, it doesn't work yet.

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index