[vdr] new vdr user's questions

Hi,

I've just started using vdr and have a couple of questions:

1. When you record a program by selecting Record from the Schedule
submenu does vdr just use the official start/end times minus/plus a
couple of minutes?

Whilst it appears that the satellite channels don't send out VPS signals
(anyone know why not?) isn't there any other data one can go on?

2. I've recorded a program and renamed the directory from the command
line. Now it doesn't appear in the list of recordings. Is the list of
available recordings stored in a file or something?

3. Is it possible to play recordings using the videolan (vls and vlc) software?

Thanks in advance,

colin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index