Von: Andreas Schultz [mailto:aschultz+vdr@warp10.net]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. Oktober 2002 11:40
An: vdr@linuxtv.org
Betreff: [vdr] Re: to DVD-Developer

On Wednesday 02 October 2002 08:49, Karsten Müller wrote:

> Yes. Use the mplayer plugin...

AFAIK does mplayer not yet support DVD Menues ....

The DVD plugin can theoreticly play DVD images, but the latest dvd libraries
tested had problems reading those images. An upgrade to CVS snapshots of
libdvdcss and libdvdread helped. You still need to specify the image path on

vdr's commandline, e.g. -P"dvd -C /path"

Eventually, I'm going to borrow some code from the MP3/MPlayer plugin and
add
an DVD-Image chosser.

> On Wednesday 02 October 2002 07:20, Schilcher Guido wrote:
> > hello list,
> >
> > is it possible to watch ripped dvd`s from harddisk?

You do refere to complete 1:1 copies of DVD's, don't  you?
How do you copy DVD to harddisk? I looked for a tool, but couldn't find
anything sensible....

Have fun

    Andreas