[vdr] Re: Some suggestions,

Hello to U all,

I'm new in the VDR space.  from a linux new comer prospective I would say
that this is the most amazing program i ve ever seen and because of the open
source philosophy i hope that i will be able to contribute more  to its
developpement  inthe future.....I'm starting to learn C today :)

to answer Dennis question,

what I noticed  is that the processor is heating ''proportionally'' (non
linear) to the use that is done with it (obvious isn't it ?)
i.e; if u simply run VDR the main charge of work is done by the dvb so the
dvb heats (and the proc is coOoOol), if u compile program or execute complex
database requests you can even burn it (It happens to me once...on a
complex request of more than 1/2 hour????)
what you could do is  to stick with special glue a heatsink on the DVB tuner
card (sensitive & expensive item) , keep your heatsink on the processor and
keep the pc sitting in a position where the heat get out of the box easily,
the idea is to have the air circulationg freely from the bottom to the top
of the Pc freely; you can even remove all the small plates that closes the
PCI and isa connectorz on the PC back... this help adding  a lil more air
circulation, but even if there is more  noise I will recommand to add a big
mainboard fan that will push the air inside the box while the one of the
power supply extract it based on the push/pull principle, of course don't
forget to ad a lil' piece of light foam on the second fan to avoid
introducing dust inside the box :);

That's it ...
Cheers

mehdi reda-fathmi
from morocco
+212-61-14-71-34

* Lastly, if I stick a big heatsink on a pentium 133, will it run cool
enough
as a VDR without a fan? :-)  (sneakily added off-topic question!)

Thanks again for a great program!

Cheers,
Dennis

subject.