[vdr] Re: Preliminary VDR 1.1.12 for testing

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Lauri Tischler wrote:
> >
> > I get these dropout quite a lot, sometimes just small flicker, sometimes
> > the picture totally breaks.
> > Also plenty of 'ringbuffer overflow' in log.
> > Satellite stuff is rocksolid.
>
> There may still be a problem with CPU load in Transfer Mode.
> I haven't had time to look into this yet. Any help here would be nice ;-)

Where could I begin to look ?

> > BTW. is there any way to force totally new generation of epg.data,
> > other then deleting the epg.data file manually.
>
> The SVDRP command CLRE does this.

I was really meaning the 'lazy-mode', with remote  :)

> > Would it be usefull to be able to mark those channels you want
> > epg.data from, others would be ignored in scanning.
>
> Why would that be useful?

I, personally, am not really interested what is on french or
arabic speaking channels, even they are on the channel list.

Sky-News has just that, sky-news, no need to have your epg.data
tell you that.