[vdr] Re: DiSEqC support

Hi Oliver,

>Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:
> I tried the new Diseqc system, but it didn't work for me.

>Could you please describe your setup a little bit more in detail?

Standard connection. From the DVB receiver (or card in the case
of VDR) to the motor (Stab HH 100) to the LNB. As I stated, it
works with my Nokia and with WatchTVPro, so it` not a wiring
or technical problem. I used to have an LNB preamp, which caused
troubles with the motor (even on my Nokia), but I removed it
quite a while ago. The preamp probably screws up the diseqc
commands.

> Here is part of my conf file:
>
> S19.2E 11700 V 9750 t v W15 [E1 31 69 40] W3500 W15 t

>For the first transmission you should always use command E0.
>E1 is for retransmissions only. You could also try E0 00 69 40
>which would address all devices.

I tried that first, but the motor didn't move, which is why I
tried the above.

> S30W 99999 H 10600 t V W15 [E0 30 6B 14] W3500 W15 T
>
> This should tell the motor to move to Satellite position 14

>Just an idea: All values are in hex, so 14 hex = 20 decimal.

Oh, sorry misunderstanding on my part. But there is a satellite
stored on postion 20 (would be Arabsat for my config)

>Can you find out which DiSEqC commands are sent by this
>program?

No, sorry. I only have the binaries ;o)) and I donīt have a diseqc
signal analyser.

> BTW what does the "99999" stand for?

>It is just a value higher than any transponder frequency which
>can be received. Therfore this entry will apply for all
>frequencies > 11700 and < 99999.

Thanks, after sleeping a few hours I read this in the conf file.
I guess I shouldn't be working at 3:00 AM ;o))

Please also see my response to Klaus.

Greetz,
Reinhard