[vdr] Software MPEG2 decoding for VDR?

Hi :)

Like doubtless many others, I'm thinking of building a digital VCR / sat
receiver based on the wondrous VDR...

Since size is everything, I'd like to use the Mini-ITX (170mm X 170mm)
boards by VIA. These have on-board everything (audio/gfx/tv-out), enjoy
good X11 drivers and support a single PCI card.

(See www.linitx.com for lots of lovely small cases, etc.)

Due to the encryption used on cable and satellite on UK stationsy DVB-t
is the only way - and the only DVB-t receiver I've found are budget ones
i.e. no MPEG decoder / output / on-screen display.

To this end, would Kvdr (in full-screen mode) be a suitable application
to get vdr output onto an X11 display and then make use of the board's
tv-out function to be able to see the picture on a TV?

Since a DVB-C or DVB-S card is useless in the UK, the only other option
that I see is to use a different motherboard / larger case and get
something like a Dxr3 / Hollywood Plus and the very alpha-stage dxr3
plugin for vdr...

If Kvdr simply hooks into the MPEG2 decoder of a full-featured DVB card,
then can anyone else suggest something viable? :)

Cheers!
Gavin.