[vdr] Re: Mplayer (output) Plugin ?

On 09.10.02 at 08:52 Axel Gruber wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I just think about a "playback" only station for a VDRNETWORK.
>So there are many Motherboards with all Components on the Mainboard
>Plus TV-OUT of the GRAKA.
>
>So i would ask if its possible to use Mplayer as Primary Output device
>for VDRRecordings ?
Do you mean through DVB's or VGA TV-Out?

>Mplayer by itselve can playback 00x.VDR files well (have tryed this many
>times)
>But i donīt know if its Possible to create a OSD with Mplayer ????
At least it is possible to display text on screen during playing like
position.

Read this:
******
MPlayer is a movie player for LINUX (runs on many other Unices, and non-x86
CPUs, see the documentation). It plays most MPEG, VOB, AVI, VIVO, ASF/WMV,
QT/MOV, FLI, NuppelVideo, yuv4mpeg, FILM, RoQ, OGG and some RealMedia
files, supported by many native, XAnim, and Win32 DLL codecs. You can watch
VideoCD, SVCD, DVD, 3ivx, FLI, and even DivX movies too (and you don't need
the avifile library at all!). Another big feature of mplayer is the wide
range of supported output drivers. It works with X11, Xv, DGA, OpenGL,
SVGAlib, fbdev, AAlib, but you can use SDL (and this way all drivers of
SDL), VESA (on every VESA compatible card, even without X!), and some
lowlevel card-specific drivers (for Matrox, 3Dfx and Radeon) too! Most of
them supports software or hardware scaling, so you can enjoy movies in
fullscreen. MPlayer supports displaying through some hardware MPEG decoder
boards, such as the DVB and DXR3/Hollywood+ ! And what about the nice big
antialiased shaded subtitles (9 supported types!!!) with european/ISO
8859-1,2 (hungarian, english, czech, etc), cyrillic, korean fonts, and OSD?
****
Taken directly from http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/info.html .