[vdr] Re: NEWSTRUCT and VDR-1.1.2

Hi Gary,

>/usr/src/linux/scripts/pathdown.sh: TOPDIR: parameter null or not set

That`s okay. Don't worry about it.

>make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/DVB/driver/av7110'
>sync

Do you get a picture on the tv from your TT 2.1? It should
flicker shortly, while the chips get initialized and then ntv
should appear. VDR doesn`t need to be loaded.

Finally did you run the makedev.napi? The old drivers started
this automatically. The newstruct does NOT do this. The devs
must be created for VDR, etc to work, however.

>worf kernel: dvb_register_adapter: registering new adapter
>(TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI).
>worf kernel: dvb_register_adapter: registering new adapter
>(Technotrend/Hauppauge PCI rev2.1).

okay, so both of your devices ARE being detected.

>then, make install.
>Yet when I run VDR it tells me:
>vdr: no primary device found - giving up!

Most likely you forgot to makedev.napi

>worf vdr[4885]: no DVB device found
>worf vdr[4885]: invalid primary device number: 2
>worf vdr[4885]: ERROR: no primary device found - giving

As far as I know (and makes sense) you need a primary
device before adressing a secondary. This is why you
get the lower two messages.

>Anyone have any bright ideas?

Yes, ./makedev.napi :o))

Greetz,