[vdr] Re: vdr with a wintv primio ?

>It will definately record in VSH quality. The problems begin when you want
>record and play back at the sime time, or watch a divx while recording from
>TV :)

this is not what I want to do :)

>Mythtv and Freevo have exactly those goals :)
>mythtv is quite good, but you really do need a very fast machine, and it's
>bit of pain to set up (because of dependencies). Freevo comes with a
runtime
>directory containing everything it needs, so it "just works" no matter
which
>packages you have installed.

yes but theses softs needs a lot af cpu power ! If I have to buy a powerfull
PC, I can buy a VDR card :)

>VDR *is* very good stuff :) But you need DVB stuff really. You'll find
remote
>control support, etc etc, also in Freevo and Mythtv, along with probably
>already working MP3 support, divx support, etc. TV-out is a bit open,
>probably need a videocard with tv-out which is supported under X, and then
>run the program fullscreen.

you just say a thing I don't want to hear: running X.

>They are what you are looking for, because I have been looking for the same
>thing :-) But I was never really satisfied with them, probably because I
was
>using "only" an 800MHz Duron CPU. And then you get the problem of noise,
fans
>blowing, etc. The low requirements for VDR allow you to build a very quiet
>box, CPU does not need a fan, power supply doesn't have to be big,
harddrives
>can be the slowest kind (need only a few MB/sec) - i.e. quietest kind.

Yes... I I think you are right. So I can't get all with nothing. So the
conclusion is if I want a "DVR box" that can play divX, I need a good and
quite expensive DVB card plus a good PC to be able to play DivX.

Finaly, EPIA mother bord with C3 processor is a good choice for this as it's
compact,cheap and sufficient for divx playback, but I should look to WinTV
DVB and not a primio.