[vdr] documentation

Hi,

I do not want to ask questions that are answered adequately in the docs,
but -sorry to say- I'm as yet unable to find extensive docs.

Can someone point me to some sort of howto or documentation I overlooked,
please ?  Just so that I don't miss anything.  This is what I have read:

The included README, INSTALL and MANUAL files
The http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr/software.htm and
http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr/features.htm URLs

And of course, I joined this mailinglist a few days ago.

Somehow I don't really know where to start.  I have an output on the
TV-out, the 'home' key gives a menu in which I can look around, but
that's it. I do not receive anything, I'm not sure how to test whether my
satellite dish is working at all, and I don't know what to do next...

I have no other satellite-decoder, but I know the satellite dish is good
since it has worked fine some time ago as internet-data-downlink.

Where can I find info on how to proceed ?

Thanks in advance,
Maarten

--
This statement is either false or a paradox.