[vdr] Re: mix Nexus TV out with GFX card TV out ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "juju" <jit@wanadoo.fr>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 7:04 PM
Subject: [vdr] mix Nexus TV out with GFX card TV out ?

> If I get a TV output from my graphic card, can I mix easily and
> transparantly the output of VDR and the output of my graphic card ?

You could connect the DVB to one AV-port of your TV and the GFX to another
and switch beetwen them.

> My Idea is to use the graphic card output for divx playback, so no
> transcoding is necessaray, but I want to have all things on one screen
(the
> TV)... will VDR will allow me, in this case, to pilot playback with the
DVB
> remote controller ?
>
> does anyone know a divx Player in console mode under linux that could
start
> playing automaticaly while inserting a CD and could play divx smoothly
with
> my little PII/400 ?

Take MPlayer ( http://www.mplayerhq.hu ) It's better than every
Windoze-player and is command-line-based.
For starting you can either use MP3/MPlayer-patch (included in AIO) for
VDR-1.0.4 or create some commands in command.conf.

Rene