[vdr] Re: burned DVB-s

First of all, thanks to all who answered to my problem.

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Reinhard Walter Buchner (R) wrote:

R> I also can`t see how disconnting the video cable will kill the
R> DVB card. As long as you have ANY connection between the
R> PC and the HiFi system, (audio, Lan, serial, actually anything
R> connecting the VDR box to a PC) you will have a ground
R> connection.

I have no other connection between the tv set and my VDR machine.

R> Sergei: Please check the DVB card for supressor diodes on
R> or around the video circuitry leading to the output. If you are
R> lucky, you just shot one of these [...]

well, that was the first thing I did. I can't see any burned elements with
my eyes. I'll check them with a measuring device

R> (although I hope you can solve the problem at low cost ;o))

Well,  As  far  as  I  can  see, everything else is fine with the card. If
everything  else  fails,  I  have two possibilities, to use it as a second
card  or  to  move  it  to  my  desktop  pc, where I could watch tv on the
monitor. But in both cases I would need a new full-featured DVB-s.

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de