[vdr] Re: VDR 1.1.13 ignores DVB-T parameters?

Gavin Hamill wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 11:48:53PM +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> >
> > Are you sure VDR is actually using the channels.conf file you are editing?
> > Just an idea... Is it located in the /video directory?
>
> Absolutely. I even changed one of the channel names to test the theory.
>
> > Oh, and the 4th parameter should be 'T' instead of '0' - I guess that
> > should do it.
>
> Interesting, I don't see that mentioned anywhere in the output of 'man
> 5 ./vdr.5' :(

From 'man 5 vdr':

SYNTAX
   CHANNELS
       Source The  signal  source  of  this  channel,  as  defined  in  the   file
              sources.conf. ...

   SOURCES
       The  file  sources.conf defines the codes to be used in the Source field of
       channels in channels.conf and assigns descriptive texts to them.  Example:

       S19.2E  Astra 1

       Anything after (and including) a '#' character is comment.

       The first character of the code must be one of
       S   Satellite
       C   Cable
       T   Terrestrial
       and is followed by further data pertaining to that  particular  source.  In
       case  of  Satellite  this is the orbital position in degrees, followed by E
       for east or W for west.

> > So the first line, e.g., should be
>
> > BBC ONE (TV):754166:C34M16Y0:T:27500:600:601:0:0:4168
>
> Hokies, I gave that a go (changed all the channels to that style, but to
> no avail :(
>
> Whether I use the latest CVS or the 'old Faithful'
> siemens-2002.06.23.patch drivers from your own FTP site, the parameters
> are being ignored :/
>
> <thinks> Ah... something's just come into my mind... Due to the dxr3
> plugin, I have to set "PrimaryDVB = 2" or else I'm not able to see
> /anything/ - channels, OSD, etc.
>
> Would this possibly be the reason - VDR is trying to set QAM/FEC
> parameters on the dxr3 card? :)

It shouldn't, since the DXR3 device shouldn't return 'true' when asked
whether it provides a cable channel. It should rather start Transfer Mode
to transfer the data from the DVB-T card to the DXR3 card.

What does the log file say when you switch channels?

I really wonder how all theother people who successfully managed to receive
DVB-T channels did it...

Klaus