[vdr] Re: DRM and VDR/TCPA Issue - Re: AW: Convert on PC from VDR to VideoCD

On Sunday 27 October 2002 16:24, you wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2002 15:53 schrieb Martin Elsner:
> > One thing I forgot here... Not only a PC, but an Windows PC! ;-)
>
> Windoze is not supported by VDR. Windows is commercial.
> Ask commercial support ?

WTH ?

> Many here need "Schmerzensgeld" for supporting Windoof.
> And according to the last DRM and TCPA/Fritz! issues of
> M$ and the latest law enforcements from M$ I am not interested in
> ansering, supporting, helping any Winddoze Users.
   ^^^^^^^^
answering

> Refer to the Sykalov affairs!

You meant Skylarov ?

> According to the statements of the MPAA we are criminal hackers.
> Digitally recording and transcoding to other portable formats is highly
> criminal in their eyes.

References for this ?

> Let them get stucked in their own windoze and - or TCPA/shit.

And show the way out trough beein rough on future linux-users ?

> Those open Question should be discussed here are:
Thought this is a technical list ?

> Should Windows be supported due the upper DRM issues ?
Support ? He asked an easy question, on that you can feel free to not to
answer.

> Should we help any Windows user ?
For sure, help them getting in touch with linux ...cause its the Linux way.

> Should we help on Windows issues ?
Not if there isn't a short answer, and its not too much related with vdr.

> For Linux solution on this topic look here:
> http://muse.seh.de/tosvcd/
>
> Greetings
> 	J. Sauer

BTW: I am feelin too very angry about the palladium /Fritz/TCPA -thingies. But
how is this related to this topic ? At least you should open an own thread
for it , if it isn't OT here.

Greets

Steffen