[vdr] Attaching heatsinks (Re: Re: AW: av synchronization..)

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Dennis Noordsij wrote:
> I've been wanting to do this, but am wondering how to properly stick a
> heatsink on it? With some kind of heat conducting glue? Some kind of fastener
> (how)? Drill a hole through the ARM and screw it? :P

  I used some paper clips bent to hold the heatsinks.  This is not a very
stable solution, you should probably use some spring with a more powerful
grib.  The third one on the SAA7146 happens to just fit in between some
metal teeth extending from the tuner casing.  The heatsinks are some
regular ones bought from the Bebek electronics store in Helsinki.

  http://hyvatti.iki.fi/pictures/kone/4

--
Foreca Ltd                                           Jaakko.Hyvatti@foreca.com
Pursimiehenkatu 29-31 B, FIN-00150 Helsinki, Finland     http://www.foreca.com