[vdr] Re: summer / wintertime: 24h-recording

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dirk Heinrichs" <dirk.heinrichs@nokia.com>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 8:10 AM
Subject: [vdr] Re: summer / wintertime: 24h-recording

> Am Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2002 20:48 schrieb ext Rene Bartsch:
> > Tell the politicians to skip that useless idea of summer-/wintertime ...
> > It's only wasting energy and confusing computers and filesystems.
> Summer-/Wintertime is just what the user sees (at least on Unix systems),
so
> it doesn't confuse computers and filesystems. Every timestamp on a Unix
> system is GMT (aka UTC).

Should be. But RedHat 7.0 - 7.2 had nice problems the time written into
filesystem at setup was in future after the first reboot.
At every installation I've had set the CMOS-clock three hours into future
and three hours back at first reboot.
Obviously something about calculating local time was wrong in the
setup-routines.

And of course, never forget the "CMOS uses GMT"-option when recompiling a
kernel! ;o)

Rene