[vdr] Re: Observations on vdr 1.1.15

On 06 Nov 2002 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
>>
>> Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
>> >
>> > I would suggest the following to get rid of the high load and the
>> > buffer empty messages:
>>
>> Hm, I tried this. I can see no difference (P-233, DVB-S Nexus 2.1).
>> Still up to 100% CPU usage and buffer overflows while recording...

This doesn't fixes an recording issue only transfer mode.

> Same here, no difference :-(

Strange, I had high load with transfer mode before and this fixed
it.

The DevicePoll() seems to be logical. Specially with a reserve
buffer, the transfer thread keeps the device video buffer filled
and doing busy loops while waiting for free buffer.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan