[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-stream-0.1.0

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 00:02:50 +0100
Sascha Volkenandt <mailbot1@wat.willz.de> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I've released a new version of the streaming plugin on:
>
> http://www.magoa.net/linux
>
> with version number 0.1.0, I'd like to intoduce an official "unstable"
>
> branch of the streaming plugin, while I'd consider the versions before
>
> as "alpha". Unicast and Multicast streaming in Fixed Channel Mode are
> reported to work now.

The Unicast Streaming works flawlessly ( for me )

The Multicast Streaming works good with mplayer as client ( compiled
with --disable-live ) and even if the caching process seems to hang (
the cache filling counter stops counting ;) ) after a little while the
player begins to play the stream ( with no need to stop and restart
streaming, as i reported in a previous mail ), sometimes errors appear
in mplayer, something like "stream not seekable".

There are few problems:
If i set fixed channel and change channel regardlessly, the client stops
playing; if i return on the original streamed channel, the player resume
playing, but some errors appear ( RTP packet sequence error ).

There is a request:
Is possible to use the "time shifting" capabilities of vdr in streaming
patch? I try to explain with an example because of my limited knowledge
of english.  :)
Imagine I start to stream RAI1, the client plays RAI1.
I would like to be able to change channel on the server to RAI2 ( on the
same transponder of RAI1 ) while client(s) continues to view RAI1.
Maybe ScienceFiction ;)

I hope someone understood me.

> With this release, I'd like to introduce another Stream Type for
> ffmpeg (or any other tool that can process a PES). I use it to stream
> the data to a running ffserver (the machine running ffmpeg should be
> powerful...), which can create many streams like W*nd*ws MediaPlayer
> streams, RealMedia streams or plain HTTP streams as well in any
> desired format and size. See the included ffstream.sh.example
>
> Maybe anyone will find this useful as well;)

Maybe in my University Campus ;)

I'm not able to use ffmpeg stream, can you post your ffserver.conf ?

Thanks for this really great ( maybe not yet ;) ) plugin.

Angelus.