[vdr] Re: Remote recommendations? (UK)

In article <2c16709a4b.richard@proton.acorn>,
   Richard Walker <runnyhunny@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> In message <20021124144737.46082bd1.mattia@technologist.com>
>           Mattia Rossi <mattia@technologist.com> wrote:

[Snip]

> > If you want more control (and want to spend more money) then go for a
> > programmable multidevice remote (One For all has a web site at :
> > http://www.oneforall.co.uk , I have a Topline 8 remote, a little
> > expensive, but can be extended / programmed through a parallel
> > interface).

> Ah, right.  So those 'oneforall' remotes I see in the high street are
> probably OK?

Yup. I'm using one here URC-7541 - a bit over the top, but it's working
here on the standard Hauppauge IR with the exception of a couple of
duplicated buttons. Hopefully that'll be sorted once I can sort a proper
IR receiver.

> I guess I'll just have to find one with all the buttons I
> want.  One designed for controlling a TV and VCR should do, I guess.

One-for-all do multi-device remotes. Mine as above has TV, VCR, SAT and
AUX settings which I believe can all have buttons coded to mimic
manufacturers RCs.

Andy

--
A. Top posters.