[vdr] Re: Is that Hauppauge DVB-s rev 1.3 compatible?

> > > This might damage your SPDIF-equipment. So you should use a
> voltage-divider.
> >
> > Wouah!!!
> > My soundcard has a standard SPDIF, could I then use this one for
> > watching with VDR?

On my page http://www.geocities.com/ralfbauer I'm describing a solution to
connect the SPDIF output of the DVB 1.3 card, which is TTL level, directly
to a SoundBlaser card.

With a little patch to vdr (also on this webpage), you are also able to
control the volume with vdr. This is done by the signal processor on the SB
card. You can use the same patch also for other sound cards with SPDIF
input.

Ralf.